Whether you are a new homeowner or someone in their existing home and have decided it is time to install new flooring, the process can be overwhelming. You may be trying to decide if you should hire a professional or watch a few videos and tackle the project yourself. Although it may seem like an attractive option to take on the project yourself, there are some downfalls to DIY and some positives to hiring a professional. If you are interested in reasons you should stick with a professional, check detailed info here in this article. Hopefully, this may save you time and a potential headache.
Downfalls of DIY
There is something to be said for accomplishing a home renovation on your own. Though it can be a great way to try to save some money, there are downfalls to attempting a DIY project of this magnitude. Below are some of the issues that may arise.
- Hassle of removing old flooring – You will need to rent a dumpster or take all the old material to a landfill and possibly pay a fee for disposal.
- Buying/renting tools and equipment – It may be necessary for you to rent or buy the equipment needed to correctly install the floor yourself.
- No room for mistakes – As a non-professional without experience, there is not much room for error when installing flooring.
- Longer installation time – Without experience installing flooring, you could find the job takes at least twice as long to complete.
Pros of the Professionals
Having someone install floors for you that do the job every day comes with some real perks. Although it may seem like it costs more upfront, you may save money due to mistakes made, materials, and equipment needed. You may also save yourself the time you can spend elsewhere. Below are just a few of the reasons to look into professional installation:
- Removal and tools provided – Unlike a DIY project, professionals will have all the tools necessary for the job and will remove and dispose of your old flooring.
- Work is guaranteed – Since you will be signing a contract that will include a warranty, you can rest assured the installation will be correct.
- Quick and efficient installation – Flooring contractors install floors for a living. What takes you several long days they will probably have done in half the time.
- Expert knowledge – As professionals, they will be able to walk you through your options and help you pick the best flooring for your space and needs. That is not an option when you purchase to install yourself.
The Best in the Business
You have taken the time to check detailed info here on why you should consider a professional installer. Now, who should you contact for installation? FloorMod is an excellent professional flooring installer that has been updating homes since 2014. They offer comprehensive services and flooring materials. If you are going to hire a professional floor installer then look no further. They will make sure your new floors are installed correctly and beautifully!